Sigmalogic can help you build a roadmap for developing cloud-based business applications that can address development of new applications or re-architecture of an existing application. Cloud implementation planning capabilities provide you with a comprehensive set of application requirements along with a detailed development and implementation roadmap. Once the planning phase is complete, Sigmalogic can help you move ahead with the detailed design, development, testing and rollout of your custom cloud-based application. Additionally, Sigmalogic can help ensure you maximize the value of your cloud application development with assistance in business process design, solution architecture, systems integration and security and change management; a holistic approach that results in more rapid time to value for your investment in software-as-a-service.
Attributes of a Cloud Application Environment
- Robust and efficient application architecture - A fundamental attribute of cloud applications is the ability for a single application instance to support multiple clients while maintaining high service levels. While this shared environment aspect of cloud applications offers many advantages such as ease of maintenance and the efficient use of resources, it also creates an even greater need for robust and efficient application architecture. Design flaws can seriously impact performance, security, data integrity and other critical service management and business functions.
- Performance and scalability - Cloud computing workloads must be able to scale rapidly, seamlessly and automatically to meet dynamic user demand, and the applications have to be developed with this in mind.
- Infrastructure virtualisation benefits - One of the core benefits of cloud computing is the efficient use of resources. Applications specifically developed to take advantage of virtualised IT environments can be made more efficient and thereby drive greater business value.
- Self-service - Cloud applications need to be designed and built so that clients can subscribe to, modify and access application functions online to significantly reduce operational expenses and provide a superior user experience.
- Pay-per-use - With cloud applications there is no longer a need to install software or pay software license fees. As a result, application functions are created to monitor and charge for usage. This pay-per-use model can provide your clients with greater flexibility and eliminate the need for significant capital expenditures.
- Delivery on multiple devices - Today's consumers expect services to follow them, and be accessible from wherever they are, no matter how they wish to interact. The Internet delivery provided through the cloud enables you to design your applications to be delivered on the devices preferred by your clients.
- Security - The shared virtual environments create new security and privacy challenges since applications and data may no longer be in your data centre. It is critical that the right application design and controls are in place to protect sensitive data, monitor access and address regulatory compliance.